Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Educators' Top 100 Children's Books (1-25)

The following list was compiled from an online survey in 2007. Parents and teachers will find it useful in selecting quality literature for children.

1. Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White

2. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak


3. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein

It's a beautiful and touching story. It reminds me of my parents. It's very well written. I do love it more than my 4-year-old right now but I think one day she will get it.



4. Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

This is the book I would recommend to 4-year-old kid to read. It's fun to read it and Emma enjoy reading it.


5. Good Night Moon by Margaret Wise Brown

The is the bedtime story book that suitable to read to 3-year-old. It's very soothing.



6. I Love You Forever by Robert N. Munsch

My eyes were filled up with tears when I first read this book. It's so touching and well written except there is a little bit weird part in the middle of the story that a mother would sneak into her adult son's room to pick him up and rock him. I wouldn't even do that to my 4-year-old, she is already a little bit too heavy for me and kinda out of the cuddling age. But I found myself always do that to my 20months old baby. I can't help sneaking to his crib and pick him up and put him on my bed and hold him to sleep. 


But despite of that, it's still a very beautiful story. I would recommend that to first grade.



7.Because of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillo

8.Oh! The Places You Will Go by Dr. Seuss

This is the book you want to read to your kids when they first leave home and on their own. It's very inspiring. 



9.The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton

10.The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg

11.Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner

12.Thank You Mr. Falker by Patricia Polacco

13.The Cat In The Hat by Dr. Seuss

14. The Lorax by Dr. Seuss


15. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo

16. The Mitten by Jan Brett


17.Crunching Carrots, Not Candy by Judy Slack

18.Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willlems




19.Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling

20.A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle Alexander

21. The Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst


22. Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman

It was one of Emma's favorite book when she was 3. I read it again and again to her and she just simply loved it.



23. Corduroy by Don Freeman

I read this book to Emma when she was 3 too.



24. Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes


25. Stellaluna by Janell Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers